Saturday, August 05, 2006

Active again

I apologize to my regular readers, if there are any of you left, for the lack of activity over the last few months. My home computer died, I bought a new house, got married and had a honeymoon in the last few months. Hopefully as of now I will be able to write regular entries on Turtlewaxing. During the time I was away things haven't been looking very good for Maryland sports. A few recruits decommited from the basketball team, a key football recruit was finally cut loose after continuing character and academic problems, Gary Williams had to replace another assistant coach and there are not any new recruits to get all that excited about. All in all it has been a fairly bad spring and summer for Maryland's revenue sports. There isn't any point in sugar coating it. I'll be writing more on some of these events in the coming month.

The latest news was that offensive tackle standout Jared Gaither and guard Jamie Thomas have both been suspended from the team until August 21st. Not the development you want with an OL that struggled badly last season and needs time to gel as a unit before the season starts. The suspensions were only characterized as violations of team rules but there were hints that both had neglected to follow some of the off season workout programs.

To all my readers, new and old, thank you for your support and let's get ready for another season of Maryland sports.

1 comment:

Moe Greene said...

The Vernon Davis clone that just committed might be something...